Saturday, June 1, 2013

FIRST POST CREED

This is my first post. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My first post is kind of boring. By no means my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My first post, without me, is useless. Without my first post, my blog is useless. I must write my first post true. I must write better than my enemy who is trying to kill me...uh... I must write before he does... I will...wait...

Welp, no way in hell that joke was gonna last the whole 'Creed'. Anyway, hello Bloggerville. My name is Dylan. I want to be a filmmaker, currently making short entertainments on Youtube and writing some casual film criticism to sharpen my skills and appreciation for this most wonderful artform. And this is my first foray into the world of blogging...sorta.

I've actually had the good fortune of blogging on another blog, operated by my girlfriend and her father to chronicle the mysteries of life, personal contemplations, and horse riding, with a little creative writing for good measure. Though my first few entries pertained to school and my first experiences in (community) college, it gradually became a means of posting movie reviews, essays from school, and even links to my own videos.

The site can be found here, for the two of you who are interested:
 https://www.junie.net/  
*it was created in Word Press...I hope that's okay. I don't want to rustle the jimmies of any feud that may exist between the various blog interfaces... :P #paranoia


Anyway. while I still plan on posting to Junie.net, I feel that, at the end of the day, the content I bring to the table is a little too inconsistent to it's original intent. Even if I decide to post movie-related banter now and again on the blog, the majority of my spewing should probably be something more akin philosophy, morality, or whatever else pops into my head.

In short, I'd like to refocus my cinephile ramblings into a domain where it won't clash with the themes and aesthetics of my gracious hosts. :)

But now, on to this blog, for Lanooski.
Main channel: youtube.com/lanooski1993
Supplemental stuff: youtube.com/lanooski93
 
Assuming this ordeal even takes off, it will more or less act as the central link of my various networks. As a hopeful creator of content, my "production company" (if I can even call it that) is currently active on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. 

 https://www.facebook.com/Lanooski
 https://twitter.com/lanooski
 http://lanooski.tumblr.com/


While these outlets have been good to me so far (and fun), I believe it's time that I made a unique setting that will not only allow followers to check out my work, but will also provide a way to publish a wider variety of content in a more organized fashion.

Simply speaking, I am deeply interested in making reviews and recommendations along with my own original short films and sketches. These pieces would be written as blog entries, published in short videos, or perhaps even a combination of the two.

This will all depend on how much I end up being able to accomplish, but I genuinely think that, with enough blood, sweat, and tears (probly more of the latter than the former!), this little blog just might become a thriving medium of discussion for movie lovers, video-makers and everyone in between.

So, to those who have the patience for it, expect this domain to start taking babysteps. The design's up in the air, the interface will take mastering, and the overall consistency of content might be a little lacking at first. But, fingers crossed, this little Wasian movie-making wackadoo will make it all work somehow...

No comments:

Post a Comment